
We did lots of things on Oct. 31, 2008!
Obviously it was Halloween, but unfortunately it was a friday and A and I had work to attend to before we got to "party" with our little one! So, C went to daycare like normal in the morning and got to spend time with his friends there. Then, in the afternoon C had his 1 year appointment at the Pediatricians office. Poor little guy remembered the last time he was there and that he got shots the last time he was there, so as soon as he saw Dr. Chan's nurse he clung to me and wouldn't let go. He did great for Dr. Chan, but then when the nurse came back he realized what was going to happen and he got 4, count them 1-2-3-4!, shots in his thighs. :-( Poor baby- he cried so hard- I have NEVER heard him cry like that! It seriously broke my heart! He did great though and calmed down after the nurse left the room enough to really cuddle with me and let me wipe his tears away... *sigh* those mommy moments are so sweet sometimes!
Once we got home, we had just enough time to quickly carve a small pumpkin (of course I did that!). I tired to get C to touch the pumpkin seeds and the inside of the pumpkin but he wanted nothing to do with the yuckyiness of it all! He actually made the funniest icky face that I WISH I could have captured in a picture- but Daddy wasn't home yet and I couldn't take a picture and hold out the pumpkin guts at the same time!!!


Once A got home we quickly drove to Turlock to see Grandma and Grandpa Alvernaz for a few minutes.
Then we left and ran by our church's Harvest Festival
where we got to meet up with our friends Jo and Maria. We took a few pictures of C and Corbin together- C was Roo from Winnie the Pooh and Corbin was a Kangaroo-
so it was definitly not a picture opportunity to miss since they were both kangaroo's of some sort! They cracked us up because they just checked each other out with these faces that said something like "Man, your mom made you dress like this too!?! Shheesh!" Too Funny! They were so cute together though and now we will always have that picture to embarass them with!
After our time with our friends from church, we ran home to hand out Playdoh to trick- or -treaters (I am SOO not a big believer in gobs of candy- most kids love that we give out playdoh too!) and we had a pizza dinner with Nana, Papa, Aunt Jenner and Uncle Denny. C was super hot by this time of the night so we took off his costume for an hour or so before we left to go visit some more friends. We tried to take pictures with C smiling but got very few as I do believe he was too hot in his costume and he was tired and cranky from his shots that day. We did get a few cute ones with him and Aunt Jenner/Uncle Denny though- the two of them got all dressed up for a Halloween party and we took pics of C with them- what do you think? The most beautiful Cave People around, right? Jenn made the costumes and I think they turned out just perfect!
After pictures, we went to Dave and Celina's house with Nana and Papa to visit some old friends. This is where many of my childhood halloween's ended and so it is tradition to go visit there on holidays still for A and I... It was fun to catch up with everyone and C had fun showing off how cute he was. Our last stop for the night was the Cantrell house to see Andrew (& Gabby 2) and Sandy. We only stopped in for 10 minutes or so- just to say hi and show C off to Sandy. Sandy was a HUGE support to me while waiting for C to be placed in our arms and she has the strongest faith in God- I only wish that I had her faith! The Cantrell's are dear friends and it was the perfect ending to our near perfect 1st Halloween with C!

3 comments:
SOOOOO cute!
Holy Cow!! Amanda...I haven't seen you guys in so long! It's good to hear from you. Congrats on the little one. He's adorable!
Sonia,
I miss you! I can't stand getting updates about you from Lynette ANY longer! :-) How is SAN FRANCISCO and your job???
Amanda
Post a Comment