Monday, October 5, 2009

Our little Pumpkin

I put up the halloween decorations 2 weekends ago- crazy I know, but I love the holidays and I just couldn't wait! :-) Calen was so cute when the boxes came out; we were eating lunch with big orange and black tupperware boxes on the table and he looks at me and goes, "what's that?" in his little way (he draws out the "what" and the "that") I told him, "those are halloween decorations. There's pumpkins in there! When mommy brings out these decorations it's almost your birthday!" His eyes got wide and he said "Oh YEAH! Uh- HUH!!!!" :-) Have I mentioned that I LOVE THIS AGE! While the temper tantrums can be rough, the sweetness level and innocence are the best! So, he officially LOVES pumpkins of all types and gets all excited when he sees them other places than our house. "Look mommy! Punkins!!!!" :-) He is his mama's son! Grandpa brought a few pumpkins over to our house and there is one just calen's size that he carries all over the place.

I needed to make Calen's birthday invites this weekend and of course I needed one new pic for the occasion, so I got Calen dressed up and took the real "punkins" out in the backyard to try and get some shots of my big kid. He was a little squirrely but I did get some good shots and am proud to say that I don't need to take my kid to sears or jcpenney any more for pictures! He will smile on command and pose how I ask him to... yeah!!!

We have a very busy October. Next weekend we have an adoption picnic in Clovis that I planned and we are so excited to see some new babies that have come home this year! The weekend after that I leave for a conference for work that I'm a little nervous to go to... I have to take 4 small planes to and from my destination in 2 days! :-( I don't hate flying, but I certainly can skip the small planes. So please be praying for my nerves on that one. Calen's bday party will be the weekend after that and then the last saturday of the month is of course, Halloween. Calen doesn't like any of the cute costumes mommy likes this year, so I think he'll tolerate being a doggie and I'm "making" that costume. Somewhere in here Allen will be starting basketball coaching too- can you tell we're busy for the month of October? Stay tuned for pictures and updates of all these wonderful busy things!

We hope that you all know that we love you all,
Mandy

Oh yes, can't forget the pictures, can I?!? (Not a chance!)


Look how big my boy is!!!


My FAVORITE PICTURE of the season so far


"His" 'Punkin'


Can you tell I'm having fun digi-scrapin' lately?

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeah! So cute! I love it!

Danae said...

Love the scrapbook picture! Someday... I will learn how to do that! I saw your pumpkin pictures on Facebook earlier, which reminded me to put my pumpkin picture on my blog.

Amy said...

Your son is so freaking CUTE!!! I love the one of him holding "his" punkin :O)