Saturday, November 26, 2011

Korea, Tuesday Nov. 22nd, 2011

On Tuesday, November 22nd we didn't have any important foster family meetings so we decided to go and be busy for the day. It was a cold rainy day but we knew the kids needed to get outside and do some running around so we went to a Korean Folk Village that was suggested to us.

The village wasn't very crowded because it was cold, but it was soooo pretty! It had replicated many different types of buildings and it had different performances that we got to watch. The first performance was a tight rope walker- this guy was really good! He did different types of stunts while up on the rope- all with NO soft landing below, just the regular old ground!

I know this photo of calen is blurry, but he LOVED clapping for the tight rope walker and I thought it was cute!
Italic





Calen thought it was pretty neat and while we were watching the guy perform, Calen ran to a nearby bench and pretended to tightrope walk also! He got KatieJoy into the fun as well and as we were watching (of course I was taking pictures) from afar, Calen told KatieJoy to "Jump" and he held out his arms like he would catch her. Well, she didn't hesitate one bit and she jumped right into his open arms… and then they toppled to the ground, as clearly Calen isn't strong enough to catch his sister! I wish I had gotten a photo of all that action, but I was already in process of moving towards them when I saw what was going to happen! Luckily they were both fine and they giggled about it for another 5 minutes with each other. When these two aren't fighting they are SO adorable together. Calen can tell KatieJoy almost anything and she'll do it because she adores him so much. Luckily he hasn't figured out how to abuse this power yet and they were pretty darn cute with each other the entire week we were in Korea.

Right before her big jumping performance- see that sparkle in her eye?!? Yeah- that's her mischievous look!

After the jumping/catching act that my children performed, we walked to another part of the village to watch a traditional Korean wedding. The outfits were beautiful and it was pretty neat to watch the traditions that went along with the ceremony- of course, we couldn't understand a word of what they were saying during the wedding, but that was okay! ;-) (as a side note, the entire time we were in Korea, Calen was so upset that we (mainly HE) couldn't understand Korean. Language has always been my son's biggest strength so I'm thinking I need to possibly find someone to teach him or us a bit of Korean before we go back to Korea...)



Just goofing around, but not at all willing to look at the camera- kinda how the whole week went with my camera in Korea!

We continued to just walk around and admire the grounds of the village. Everything was almost dead for the oncoming winter months, but there was still a bit of color on the trees. I imagine the hills surrounding the grounds to be "on fire" with the full fall colors and someday plan to visit Korea during that time of year!





We left when it was almost dark and headed back to get some pizza and just relax for the rest of the night as the next day was our last full day in Korea and it was packed with shopping and having dinner with Calen's foster family!


~Mandy~

No comments: