Saturday, September 20, 2008

11 months old today!

C turned 11 months old today! We honestly can't believe that he has already been home for a month and a half- it's true that the older you get the faster time flies and even truer that once you have kids time flies even quicker! We laid pretty low today- just hung out the three of us for most the day- Nana and Papa did visit for about 20 minutes and of course that made C's day! Eventually we went to town to do a little shopping and C wore his first SF Giants jersey which made daddy's day! Now I just have to get a Braves jersey for C to wear one day to make my day!


Sorry it's been two weeks since I last posted- the past few weeks have been all about getting our schedule set and that has taken a lot of time to do! However, it has really paid off in so many ways! Our little guy is so SMILEY now that he is on such a great schedule! He now has two naps a day and when he is awake he is so much fun! He really rounded a corner with A and I the past few weeks. He has become such a little lovebug! He loves to give hugs, snuggles and even kisses! He does the cutest thing to his mommy- he pulls my face down to his and gives me kisses on the lips and then gets all smiley and shines like he is doing something amazing- which to this mom- he totally does! It melts my heart every time he does it! He is even getting to that point with daddy too- not so much the kisses yet, but he does snuggle into his shoulder for lots of hugs and everytime I see that it again makes my heart melt! How did we ever live without C? Oh my, we are so head over heals for him!

Along with all the love we are getting from C we are also getting lots of laughter! The kid loves to laugh and almost anything can make him laugh at us- funny sounds, funny movements, a smile or laughter from us. Some day I promise to catch the laughter on video and post it- it will warm your heart and make you laugh too!

C had a pretty busy week this week! He and I went to his daycare providers house on wednesday and hung out for a little over an hour just so that he could get used to Linda and some of the other cute kiddos there. At first he clung to me but the other kids were so sweet to him that he eventually started to play with them. I thought the day was a success! The next day C= and I had Grandpa Alvernaz over for the morning so that he could get used to C's schedule (Grandpa is babysitting a day and a half a week). C had a good morning with Grandpa too- especially racing around the house on his Mater toy- he was all smiles then! Then on Friday, C went to the sitters for the first time by himself!!! I was a nervous wreck- even though he was only going to be there for a little over an hour- it was our test run! C did great- me on the other hand? I cried for a few minutes when I first walked out the door- I am loving being the sole caretaker for C and even though I LOVE my job, I am having a hard time knowing that I have to go back to work on Sept. 29th. C didn't cry once during the hour and 20 minutes that he was at the sitter's- and he came right to me and snuggled when I came in to get him! I can only hope that this continues to happen! The last thing we did this week was visit Grandma and Grandpa Alvernaz's house on Friday evening- we visited for a while and had a good time! What a full week we had!

I have one last week at home with C... Honestly, I don't know where the past 6 weeks have gone. Looking forward on them 6 weeks ago, I thought these days were going to be the longest of my life. I think I was obviously still not used to being a mom and didn't know what I had been missing out on as a Stay at home mom. I have really embraced being a mommy and now I wouldn't trade these past wonderful six weeks for anything! I am so grateful to my school district for allowing me this time off and to God for providing this time off as well. Once I go back, Allen gets to take 3 weeks off with C and I think that he will have a blast those 3 weeks! If you happen to think of us this next week, please send up a prayer for me that I can transition to being a Full time working mommy fairly easily- the prayers would be very much appreciated!

Okay...now for some news and video...Drum roll please............................
Our little boy has begun to take his first steps!!! He really has been ready since he first came home, but he has just started to take some steps and we thought we should let you all see for yourselves how cute he is in motion! Just click your mouse on the play button below and you can watch a quick video of C walking... Hope you enjoy!



Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Amy said...

yay for the Giants! :O) Great video too!!!