So just a quick update tonight... I go back to work in the morning and am slightly distracted and can't think about what to post tonight... :-O
Last night, A, C and I drove to Fresno to a Korean Adoptee dinner at the Fresno Korean Presbyterian church and we had a BLAST! The church prepared a wonderful evening to honor Korean Adoptees and their families- they think it is important for adoptees to realize their cutlure/heritage but also to realize that they are in the exact family God had planned for them to be in. The people at the church were so sweet and we were welcomed with such open and loving arms- in fact, we got a ton of attention by church members because C was the youngest child there and they all thought he was adorable! The church prepared a bunch of traditional Korean dishes for us to dine on- there was kimchi and fried sweet pototoe and many, many other delicious dishes that we were able to try! I was not a fan of the kimchi; it was super spicy and just not my thing but the sweet potatoe was wonderful and I am going to learn how to make that dish for sure! Many of the church members were wearing beautiful Hanbok's which is the traditional dress of Korea- C has one that his Foster Family sent home to us and we plan to take pictures of him in it soon so you can look forward to getting to see what a hanbok is if you haven't already seen one! We also watched a couple videos on information and sites of Korea- they were great videos and now I can't wait to visit the country in a few years!!! We were so very grateful to be a part of this wonderful celebration and are also excited because we met other adoptive families (that I have been communicating with online for a few months now) and we feel like we are making amazing connections for C!
C had new pictures taken on Monday- which he was super cranky for but they turned out well despite that fact and I wanted to share those with you!




That's all for now- I promise to update how my first few days back to work go later this week...
Love you all,
M
No comments:
Post a Comment