So I know that I am clearly terrible at this blog thing since I went back to work at the end of September! It's just that being a working mommy is soooooo BuSy! By the time I am done with work and get home to booger all I want to do is snuggle with him and enjoy him and writing for the blog generally takes me some time... So here's my solution... I am going to write a little bit every few days- right now I am going to write about one event that has happened in the past few months every couple of days. Let's see there have been a lot of events... C's 1st birthday, our Adoption picnic that I helped to create for our area, Halloween, and this weekend C's Baby Dedication at church... Then of course we'll be getting into the holidays and there will be oh so much to update on! :-) So I guess I better get ready and get a schedule going so that I can keep up with this update promise... ;-)
So here's your first update... I have officially been back to work for almost 7 weeks! It has gone really well... My first week back was rough but then God reminded me why I worked where I do and why I love my job so much... I came back to work just in time to save one of my favorite students (I know we're not supposed to have favorites- but oh well!) from dropping out of high school! It was a huge reminder of the fact that God really does have my life in his hands and that he knows best! Since that day I haven't looked back at being a working mom- sure I have days that I wish I could be at home with my son, but I also know that this really is what God wants for my life!
A has been back to work since Oct. 21 and he is doing well. He enjoyed his time off with booger but he is so good for his Jr. High students that he also knows where God wants him to be... He is now coaching his "varsity" girls basketball team and is enjoying it! We just hope they get a win soon!
Next update: I know, I know... I said one every couple of days; however the ones above don't have any pictures with them and I know how you all love the pictures!
A few days before C turned one we took C out to Hilmar Cheese to take pictures of him in his Hanbok. Remember I told you that this is the traditional Korean dress that South Koreans wear for very special occasions? According to Wikipedia.com a hanbok is: "the traditional Korean dress. It is often characterized by vibrant colors and simple lines without pockets. Although the term literally means "Korean clothing", hanbok today often refers specifically to Joseon Dynasty-style semi-formal or formal wear that is worn during traditional festivals or celebrations. The women's hanbok consists of a chima meaning a wrap-around skirt and jeogori which refers to a jacket. The ensemble is often called chima jeogori. The men's hanbok is comprised of jeogori and baggy pants called baji." Well, we were blessed by C's foster family when he came home because they sent a Hanbok home with him. We want to honor C's heritage and so we took pictures of him in the hanbok for his 1st birthday party... The session wasn't too long because C was hot in the hanbok and wanted out of it pretty badly- however I think that I got some really good pictures of him and want to share those with you! When I update about his birthday party you will probably see him in the Hanbok again...;-)
Enjoy the pics!
This is the BEST picture I got of him!
Mesmorized by the waterfall that he was behind:

Looking a little serious...
I love the lighting on this picture and his "huh?" look!


I love the lighting on this picture and his "huh?" look!

M
2 comments:
Mandy! I had no idea you guys adopted a little boy. What an adorable child! Hope you enjoy the holidays. :)
Great post. Calen looks a-dorable in his hanbok :)
Post a Comment