Friday, December 18, 2009

New pictures of KatieJoy!

Hi friends,

We recieved 2 new pictures of little Miss KatieJoy today! I was just about to leave work and decided to check my email quickly before I turned my computer off and thought- "oh how nice it would be to have some news of our girl today" and then I saw "NEW PHOTOS" in my inbox and knew right away that God answered my prayers to have some new pictures of KatieJoy... so humbling to think that God knows exactly what I need when I need it. I am overjoyed to have full face pictures of her and to have very VERY recent pictures of her! These pictures were taken only 3 days ago on 12/15/09- (she turned 7 months old on 12/5)! YAY to our amazing adoption agency which really does try to give as many small updates on our children as possible... What a way to start off my 2 week Christmas break from teaching!

So, I can't stop staring at KatieJoy- my first thought when I saw her picture was that her "cheekies" went "on for days" :-) and that she needed some girly bows in her hair- which I can promise you all, I will do as soon as I get my hands on her! But, after staring at the pictures some more, I was drawn to her eyes again... I say again, because the very first time I opened a picture of KatieJoy her eyes were what made me instantly know she was meant to be our daughter...her eyes are just so beautiful! (and her cheeks are so KISSABLE!) These pictures are really making her real to me :-) Keep those prayers comin' for our fingerprint appt to come soon- and for me to remember that God's timing always is perfect and that HE has everything timed out just right for our journey to KatieJoy... I've been doing very well with this wait and I want to continue that way!

Here are the new pictures (or new to those of you who don't have facebook or aren't on the Holt BB :-}- as I clearly posted the pictures those two places already today ) Oh! And I'm adding a picture of Calen in here from his time in Korea to show that I have pictures of both of my children in front of the infamous Holt Bunny Rabbit- so fun to have similar pictures of the two of them :-)


See those beautiful eyes? (see the rabbit?)

This is my favorite of the two... I just love the "Scrunchy" face she's making!
(See it?!? the rabbit i mean)

Here is Calen around the same age as little Miss.. See that silly rabbit? This rabbit is in MANY, MANY Holt baby pictures- I love it! :-)


Love you all and thank you for rejoicing in this wonderful process with us...

~M~

2 comments:

candice said...

YAAAAAAYYY!!!!
Oh what a wonderful surprise for you Amanda! Love the chubby cheeks and yes- she is going to need some bows- lol! Now I can print out a new pic of her for our orphan board- so we can remember to pray for her!
That bunny is famous- I love that so many of the kids' pictures are in front of it- including Elliana's!
Enjoy staring at that sweet girlie!

Anonymous said...

I already posted on the Holt bb, but YES, her eyes are amazing!!! She is seriously one of the *prettiest* babies EVER! Just stunning!