Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Clause is comin' to town!

Hi everyone,

I am going to try to give several updates here over the next few days- you know me though and it may not happen... I have some KatieJoy news/updates and I have all of our pictures from Disneyland at thanksgiving that I still need to put up here. Christmas Cards are getting picked up today at Costco and I should have them out to everyone by the end of this week- Just in time for Christmas! :-)


But for now, I wanted to give you all pictures of Calen sitting on Santa's lap! He did better this year with Santa, no crying but no smiling- still better than last year's back-arching screaming fit! This santa was at Disneyland in Santa's Village- he was AWESOME! Oh and the pictures were FREE because at Disneyland you can use your own camera for pictures- can't get better than that, can it? Oh yes, it can... Disneyland Santa was so sweet and had such a gentle manner- I was truly impressed with him and am so grateful that Disneyland has such good hiring skills :-) Calen wouldn't tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas, so Santa asked mommy and I told him that he wanted "cars" (he loves his "Cars" cars)- Santa talked directly back to Calen and told him that he thought he could "surely bring" him some cars! Again, awesome Santa!- way better than the guy in the mall last year! Of course, our smart Calen remembers exactly what Santa talked to him about and tells everyone that HE ASKED for "Cars" and that Santa said he'd bring them to him. :-) So stinkin' cute! Guess it's a good thing that Daddy and Mommy knew to make it a Pixar Christmas in this house even before we saw santa, huh?

No Smiling at all...

Almost smiling... next year there should be a definite smile!


See? WAYYY better than last year's Santa picture! Just thought I'd post that for all of you again for a laugh- it makes us giggle everytime we see it! ;-)

Just looking at these pictures next to one another makes me realize how quickly my baby boy has grown up... he's so much BIGGER than last year! Being a parent makes a person realize how quickly time goes by...

I have more Christmas updates for you after I get you updated on KatieJoy's adoption journey and on our disneyland trip! (Just know that we are teaching Calen that baby Jesus is the reason for the season... and that our smart kid knows it) Stay tuned... :-)

~Mandy~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He sure did get bigger. I'm hopeful he'll smile next year too. Love that little guy!
-Auntie/godmother Dolores