Wednesday, November 25, 2009

finally... HALLOWEEN pictures! :-)

I know, I'm so late on all this and I would have updated you on this a week ago, BUT we got some bigger news that we had to tell you first (if you don't know what i'm talking about, you should really look at the 2 posts below this one!)

So a quick run down of our 2nd Halloween with our adorable, fun and very smart son!

First, friday Oct 30 we went to our church's Harvest Festival with our good friend's Jimmy, Kristy and their 2 daughters, WinnieMae and Sophie. It was HUGE and so much fun! There were lots of games, a hay ride and a repetile room! I have to say really quickly that I admire our church- this was the first year we've attended this function and when I walked into our sanctuary it was FILLED to overflowing with families, games and a GIANT bounce house. When I saw this, I have to say that I just felt awe... our amazing church GETS IT! Gets what you may ask? Gets that the church building is meant to fill with people and bring people in to God's glory... not to keep "squeaky clean" and pristine. I'm just so thankful to our church leaders who "get" what being the body of Christ is all about- PRAISE GOD for that!

On Halloween we dressed Calen up again and headed out to see Nana & Papa and went to a few houses. He wasn't really into walking up to houses he didn't know, so mainly we handed out candy and hung out at home. It was fun to see him get excited about Halloween this year and it just reminds me how quickly he is growing up and how I am trying to enjoy every moment of "kid" time we get!

Anyway, we had fun and got a few pictures of our little doggie from the festivities (Yes I made the costume- it's not the best, but it was put together with love and Calen loved it!)

Enjoy the pictures of our adorable Doggie! :-)

Heading to New Life Harvest Festival...


Sophie- the cutest minnie mouse ever!

WinnieMae- getting a face painting worthy of an awesome gennie :-)

Playing the Fishing game- thank goodness real fish were not given as prizes!

Halloween Day
Calen's mischevious look

Mommy & Calen


Daddy & Calen


Papa & Nana acting silly with Calen :-) {i love this picture!}
Uncle Denny & Tia with Calen (in one of their MANY costumes- Hef and a bunny!)

The end of the night and he was trying to eat some of his stash (with the wrapper still on!)

No comments: