Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weekends in January

This month has been a ton of fun on the weekends for our little family! I thought I should share a few of our fun pictures on here since I've been a bit quiet lately :)

On January 9th, Allen, Calen and I headed up to Sacramento for a few hours to have some fun at the Train Mueseum in Old Sacramento (calen lasted 1 whole hour here *rolling my eyes*) and to meet up with a few adoptive families. I was so excited to meet up with my friend Jill as we had been chatting with each other online through email and our adoption bb for almost a year! We have a ton in common and it was fun to finally meet in real life. Jill & her husband Kraig are currently waiting for a referral from Korea & had met another adoptive family from the Sacramento area and thought it would be fun fo all of us to meet up and she was RIGHT! The other couple, Miriam & Chris, have a 3 year old son adopted from Guatamala named Seth; they are also currently waiting to bring home their son from Korea- they have been waiting since SEPTEMBER to go and get him! (Yikes! I hope they get to travel soon!) Seth and Calen were quiet with one another for most of lunch but once we got them outside they had a ton of fun playing with one another and running around like "mad men"- it was so cute that of course I got pictures of it! I also got a few pictures of us women! I truly love getting to meet and talk with other adoptive families- I felt very blessed to meet up with them and hope that we stay in contact with one another for A. LONG. TIME. :-)

Me & Jill


The 3 of us (with Seth & Calen)


Calen & Seth goofing around:



The weekend after, on January 15, Calen and I made a drive to Clovis to hang out with some other friends, Candace and Amanda, who both adopted their daughters from Korea. Calen is 9 months and 10 months older than Rose and Elliana but he had fun just the same. He got a little wierded out when the girls climbed on him, but I told him to be gentle as this is probably what KatieJoy will do to him also. He still wasn't thrilled over it, but he was gentle, which I think is pretty good for now! The reason we all got together was a sad reason for me but an exciting reason for Amanda & God. Amanda and her family are making a HUGE move this upcoming weekend to plant a Christian Church in UTAH! I'm sad that they are moving so far away, but so amazed at the way God has worked HIS hand in this move and the willingness of Amanda and Blake to make such a big move for such a Godly reason. This is a big thing guys, Utah doesn't have very many Christian churches- be praying for their family to get settled and to consistently have the Lord's hand over them... So, we all got together (and thanks to Candace we all had a yummy lunch!) to have some fun and say our goodbyes. Amanda was awesome and brought me a ton of girlie baby clothing and I can't wait to try it all on KatieJoy- THANKS AMANDA! The pictures are just of our adorable Korean kids- and hopefully we'll get some more of these pics as they grow up when Amanda and her family come back for visits!

Elliana, Calen and Rose (the girls were NOT thrilled about pictures- calen just didn't know what to think-lol!)


I never can seem to get one of the 3 of them all smiling AND looking at the camera- but I tried and they're still pretty darn cute! :)



All in all, I'd say weekends were a lot of fun for our January 2010! :)

Love you guys,
~Mandy~

PS- Thanks ladies for allowing me to post pictures of you and your kids on here!
ALSO- I will try to post just a post of pictures of our very SHORT trip to the Train Muesum before this week is over... we got a few I'd like to share with you all.

2 comments:

Jill said...

It was SO good to finally meet you in person, Amanda!!! Kraig and I had such a good time meeting you and Allen and it was so nice to meet up with Miriam and Chris again! Both, Calen and Seth, are SO adorable! Kraig and I look forward to more get togethers! Love the pictures of Calen, Eliana and Rose, too!! SOOO cute!Thanks for all your support during this LONG adoption journey!!

Our Family said...

Sounds like you've had a very busy but fun filled month. I keep up to date on your blog and can't wait see when you bring your precious girl home. :)
We should meet up someday as well, since we're so close and all. :)
So fun meeting new families.