Yes, I know that this post is a week late! and I'm sorry about that, but this is really the first chance I've had to sit down and even try to blog about anything since we've been back in California!
Last wednesday, May 5, our beautiful daughter turned 1 year old! The day was... well... hard. Hard because KatieJoy was so sick! Yes, you read right- for those of you who didn't talk to me on the phone or email me, we had one very sick little girl on our hands from the first sunday we got home up until just the past 2 or 3 days. KatieJoy got STREP Throat from Allen and it was so bad... so bad that when I got her to the dr. just one day after the fevers had set in the dr. gagged and had to turn away to compose herself after looking in KatieJoy's mouth!!! I think the antibiotics were just starting to take effect on her big day, but she really didn't feel like celebrating... Just 20 minutes after she had woken up that day this is what I had on my hands... poor baby!

Then Mama tried to get her to take some pictures because I knew someday I'd be in big trouble with her if she didn't have pictures of herself on this special day... but poor thing didn't exactly humor me... She wasn't NOT liking that camera being in her face at all!!!


In the evening she perked up a little bit and I got a few smiles out of her when she got some cake and started to play with her new toy that Grandma & Grandpa Alvernaz bought for her. But it was short lived because all she really wanted to do was sit with her daddy and go to sleep! Big Brother Calen loved her cake and was a happy camper when we finally sang happy birthday to her- in fact, he even got his hands to the cake first- little stinker! ;-) We bought a few small toys for KatieJoy to open but that hasn't even happened yet... maybe this weekend? I've been waiting for her to be better and she is so much happier this week than last week- it makes my heart sing to see her smiling more and playing more- so yes, maybe this weekend I'll dress her in the same outfit and try to get her to open her few gifts...
We did a VERY small cake since it was just us... I didn't even attempt to do her Tol or dress her in her Hanbok because there was no way she was going to go for it... it's okay though because I know we'll have a rockin' party for her this summer when she is more settled!






The best picture I got of her that day... finally a beautiful smile from my beautiful girl!

If you're wondering how we're doing- we're doing just fine! Actually, we're doing WAY better now that KatieJoy is feeling better... I promise to try and do a large update on us this weekend- if I can find the time! ;-)
Love to you all,
~Mandy~
4 comments:
Yeah! So happy she's feeling better and that things are better. I can't wait to come over and play! :)
PS: Got the postcard in the mail last week. LOVE IT! Thank you!!!
PSS: Let me know when you wanna have some fun and take family picturesl :)
So glad that KatieJoy is feeling better and that things are going better also, Amanda! I just love that last pic of her - what a happy girl!!! The pic of Calen enjoying the birthday cake is adorable! Talk to you soon. Take care!
AHHHHH so adorable!!! Great update Mandy!
Happy Birthday, KatieJoy!
Myra Beth and family
Post a Comment