Friday, January 7, 2011

MIA for far too long!

Hello? Are any of my followers still out there???

Yes, I've been MIA for a VERY long time. Do I plan to continue that trend for the new 2011 year? The answer is NO! I miss writing- it's an outlet for me and I also feel like I'm totally slacking on writing our family history out for our children... But, I've been busy- way busy! Here's a run down of things going on in my life:

*2 children under 4 years of age live in my house and call me mommy (should I put any more after this???) :)

*Holidays were insane for our family! We took a couple day trips to SF for a special homecoming for a newly adopted Korean baby & another special reason that I can't mention publicly and we were just busy with lots of friends and visitors (almost every day of our 2 week break we were seeing someone!).

*My job is BUSY:

-We were told just by our district office that we are becoming a Charter school next year (this means lots of new paperwork and brainstorming)
-we are going through an accreditation process which is also a TON of paperwork
-we are hiring a new teacher for a NEW position that literally just came open this week because our district wants our school to grow and in order to grow we need another teacher (hiring is happening NEXT week!)
-spring is just about upon us at school which means I have a prom to plan, a Disneyland GradNite trip to figure out, and a 2011 graduating class that wants a nice yearbook and a nice ceremony (when can I scream out loud with all my stress???)

*We finalized KatieJoy's adoption on my 30th birthday back in December (I promise to go back and post about that when I have time)

*I turned a decade older ------ waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! How did that happen?


Seriously- the list of things we've been up to is LOOOOOOOONNNNNNNGGGGGG!

Others in the family have been up to...

*Allen has a small break from coaching right now which helps me a lot because he gets home from school so much earlier in the day- BUT March is around the corner and that means so is baseball season (the longest of all seasons) so having him home extra in the afternoon isn't going to last too long!

*I plan to sign Calen up for his 1st "baseball team" this spring and MUST get on that soon! I'd like to sign him up for TaeKwondo as well but am not sure yet. My boy has energy and he needs some outlets; with this freezing weather we're having lately he can't get outside to get out all his pent up energy! He and daddy love to play with Nerf guns and "hunt" for bad guys. He really is ALL boy... :)

*KatieJoy has turned some huge corners and is finally starting to use her language better instead of just grunting for everything she wants. Her current favorite phrase is "IwantMommy" all run together and it sounds more like "ayewanmommmmmmmiiiiiii" :) She is getting long curly hair now (that she won't allow me to do anything with- argh!) and is so pretty! She loves anything with Mickey or Minnie Mouse (of course, right? Who would expect anything else?) and calls them "meeeeeee" or "meeemeeee"- it's seriously adorable! :)

So- for now, I will leave you a recent(ish) picture of the kids and am telling you that I PROMISE to be around more this year! In fact, the one New Year's "resolution" I gave to myself was that I had to write on the blog at least once a week- here's to hoping that is something I can stick to!

~Mandy~

1 comment:

Jessica deBruyn said...

So, so cute! And whenever you have time it's great to hear how things are going, but don't stress about it. I have two under 3, so I completely understand there's not a moment's peace. Enjoy them!