Saturday, January 8, 2011

SnapSnapSnap

One of the things that kept me incredibly busy and away from blogging this past fall was photography! I have a friend, with a fantastic local bow business, named Ariana. Ari asked for someone to take pictures of her girls modeling her bows and I jumped at the chance-partially because I wanted to see what I could do and partially because I was just itching to take pictures of a child who would actually smile for the camera (because at that point in time my kids were not cooperating for me). After I took Ari's pictures many of her friends and family asked if I would take their family photos...with Ari's coexing I started to do some family/child photography. About a month later I was asked to be a second photographer at a wedding!!! Needless to say, God is amazing and I was very blessed to be busy almost EVERY weekend in the fall taking photos for friends and friends of friends! I had so much fun and I'm really looking forward to doing it some more when the weather gets better (it's been COLD here- a full week of gray sky's with temperatures below 30 and up to maybe 42 during the day).



















I'm calling this new adventure in my life Amazingly Blessed Photography because I am amazingly blessed by Christ every.single.day of my life! I have a wonderful family, awesome friends and one Amazing God who blesses me each and every day- even if I don't see the blessings, I know I have them! I'm super excited for the next week because my little sister is due with her first child- a baby girl! I was able to take pregnancy pictures for my sister and we have been gathering ideas for newborn pictures for months now for her future daughter. I have some amazing photo props from my friend Kim (check out her etsy store- she's gonna reopen in February & if my niece ever gets here hopefully some of my photos will advertise her products!) and we have some exciting ideas stored away for photos. I'm sure I'll write about my niece as soon as she's out & about in this world... for now I just know that I have a date in labor room sometime within the next week or so.











One of the most recent opportunities I had to take photographs was of a homecoming for a baby girl from Korea. I think homecomings are one of my very favorite things to take photographs of because they are so exciting and emotional! There's no way to set up shots or anything like that- it's all about snapping away and catching the awesome moments of when a baby meets their family for the first time. This family was from Kansas and flew all the way to San Francisco to meet their long-awaited daughter/sister on Christmas Eve! I felt so blessed to get to be apart of this day- not as a photographer, not even as a friend (because this was the first time I met this family!), but just as a fellow adoptive mom...There just aren't words to describe what it's like to meet your child the first time. (As my awesome social worker says, "I wish EVERYONE could adopt!")







If you want to see more photos or want to send out my information to anyone please check out my facebook page or email me at blessedphotography@yahoo.com

~Mandy~

1 comment:

Jessica deBruyn said...

Beautiful pics!