Monday, April 27, 2009

Decisions, Decisions...

We have some big decisions to be making in the next few weeks/months. We are almost ready to start with our next adoption, but that's where the decisions are coming into play. So, we could really use all your prayers that you can send up for us! Here are the decisions that we have to make.

1)When to start the process. If we go through Holt International (the agency we went through for C) then we can start the process anytime! Here's the problem with that...
a)For a girl referral, we have to go through the Waiting Child Program (meaning that we would REQUEST a girl that has MINOR special needs that could be anything from eczema to a correctable heart condition). We are prepared for this and feel that God will give us just the right child... I have emailed the WCP and have been told to expect at least a YEAR wait for referral of a girl, but it could be MUCH quicker than that also. So, okay... if we apply now and it really takes a year, we would have a daughter home next summer! AWESOME! BUT, what happens if we get a referral sooner? Then i'd have to take time off from work again and i just really don't want to do that if possible... hmmmm... Plus, we're counting on next year's tax returns for the cash to do our next adoption so while I would adore a fast referral, the $ issue is kinda big...
b)Okay, so then if we wait and apply closer to the end of this summer/C's 2nd birthday and it takes a year, I definitly will have to take time off during the school year... UGH! What to do?

2)We have another option for an agency based out of Arizona where we would be able to request a healthy girl. This agency is actively looking for families for their Korea program and it takes less than a year to get a child home! Awesome right?!? Here's the deal with this agency:
a)We have to wait until August to apply because they have a rule that all adopted children must be in the home a year before you apply for another adoption. Cool, I understand that. No biggie...
b)I have to lose weight. Serious weight. The agency in Korea that this agency based in Arizona works with has a weight requirement of the applicants not being more than 30% over your BMI. Okay, I need to lose weight, but how long will this take?!? Plus, I'm not too keen on the rule as I think there are lots of people out there who may be overwieght but can make GREAT parents...

So, see what I mean about decisions? We could REALLY, REALLY use your prayers for us to follow God's lead on this! We don't know if we should be waiting for a big sign or if we have already been given the signs to go ahead and start with Holt again. (You can email me for what those signs have been...) Also, if you could be praying for the $ aspect of this, that would be very appreciated. With our tax returns we will still be a few thousand short come next spring, BUT I do have some ideas for fundraising (A raffle will be in the works for a weekend/or week away to one of our timeshares...) and if any of you have ideas for fundraising please let me know!

Thanks you guys,
~M~ Oh and if you want to email me my email address is kamakazie33098 (at) aol (dot) com.

OH, almost forgot! New pictures of C that I thought I should share to remind all of you of just why we want to go through all this again!





Aren't we the luckiest parents ever?!?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

OMG that is the cutest picture of C and you!

See previous comment...we need to start walking again. If not for a adoption requirement for your general health. And mine. :)