Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's Official!

Our little man is officially ours as of yesterday at 8:25 am! Our finalization went wonderfully! The judge was so nice and easy going- which was great as A and I were both a little nervous with not knowing what to expect. But it was super easy- we just went into the jury room with the judge and court reporter, signed 1 form and then the judge took a picture with us and that was it! Both A's and my parents came, my sister and Denny came, my best friend Jackie and her two children were also there- we got lots of pictures (which of course I will be posting at the bottom of this update!)

After we were done getting copies of our adoption forms, we all went to breakfast in Atwater at a place called Jantz (if you live near Atwater and have never been here- you really MUST go! Their food is GREAT! and their pies are to die for!) We just ate and celebrated the special day... it was a fun morning and I am so glad that this is done! It's very nice to know that C is absolutely without a doubt ours!!!! :-)



Waiting with daddy...

C waiting with Josh and Joey (aren't they the cutest boys ever?)

Our little family of 3!


With the Honorable Judge Ash
Outside our county's new courthouse...

Acting silly (I think he was done with the picture taking shenanigans!)

With both sets of grandparents

Grandpa and Grandma Alvernaz


Nana and Papa!


Aunt Jenner and Uncle Denny

Aunt Jackie (my best friend) and her kids...


All in all, it was a great way to spend C's 8 month mark home and our 7 year anniversary! 7 years sure have gone by quickly! And ALL 7 of them have been WONDERFUL!

~M~

PS- Yesterday also happened to be my cousin Lori's birthday! So- A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you LORI! We miss you and hope to see you and your family soon! :-)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeah!!! Congrats on becoming an officially legal family!

How have you been?

M, A, C and K too! said...

Good! We need to get together though- I need catch up on your life! ;-)

And seriously- I want to do that 5k thing! Let's do it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Awesome!! Love those adorable pics as always!!

Unknown said...

I remember how special this day is! Congrats on your family.

Krista said...

I'm glad it's official now!! Congratulations!! What a happy day!!

Melissa Ens said...

Yay, yay, yay! : ) Congratulations!!!