Hey everyone!
So I realize that all I've done is give quick short updates and loads of pictures the past few months... so maybe it's time for a real update! I'll do it by person as I think that will be the easiest!
Me- I'm doing great! I have a job for next year and will finally be tenured after this school year! YIPPPEEEE! This is quite a feat as I have been teaching at TUSD for 5 years now... I am amazed that I didn't get pink-slipped, but feel very fortunate at the same time... this was the first year that I didn't worry about my job for the next year and wholey trusted the Lord and His plans and lo and behold, look what happened! I will be (most likely) working summer school and that will be insane as our little school of normally 4 teachers and 120 students (tops!) will have 25 teachers and around 950 students! YIKES!!!!! Our school is the only summer school for the district this summer and it should be interesting to say the least... The great thing about our summer school is that we only work 3 days a week for 6 weeks and get 4 day weekends which really helps to make it feel like we still get somewhat of a summer, which I find completely important now that I have C at home.
I will be extremly busy the last 5 weeks of the school year... I am in charge of our Prom, which is this Friday, May 1. I am our school's Yearbook Advisor which we don't finish until the last minute since we have a lot of activities at the end of the year. I generally am our Disneyland Gradnite Chaperone and think I will be doing that again this year too! Then I help a lot with our graduation because if I didn't help, my poor friend Vicki (our school secretary) would be stuck with everything... So to say the least, these last few weeks of school are jam packed with activities but are always sooooo fun! It's my 2nd favorite time of the school year (2nd to the Holidays of course! :P ) So, if you don't see many posts on here at least know you know why!
My parents are doing well with all the prayers that they are recieving with that icky family situation that we are going through. God is good and continues to give us all strength in dealing with the situation. Please keep the prayers coming as they are doing us wonders!
A- A is doing very well! He is in the last week of coaching his school's baseball team and then he will be home more in the evenings! WAHOO! He also has his job next year and didn't see a pink slip... God really did bless us this year! He will be changing his teaching subjects next year, but he is pretty welcoming of the change and is looking forward to seeing how it works out. Next year he will also be coaching one less sport (he has been coaching 3 the past few years) as he feels that he is missing out on C a little too much... awwww, what a good dad he is! :-) A will be staying home this summer with C and is looking very forward to the daddy time... Other than that, A will be playing as much softball as possible starting within the next few weeks and continuing on thru the summer!
C- Well little man is just growing like crazy! He recently learned to jump and loves to run and jump as much as possible! He has such a fun loving personality... he is funny and cracks us up constantly! HE is very stubborn in getting his way, but I firmly believe that this stubborness has helped him to cope with all the things in his life he has already had to deal with and I am stubborn, so he clearly is his mama's son! :-)
C is also super smart, which I know I've been saying since he came home, but it really is true. He has well over 60 words now in his vocabulary, understands everything we say to him and is starting to say small phrases like "love you"... I know, too cute, right?!? It melts my heart every time I tell him I love him and then he says it back and genuinely means it... awwwwww to be a mommy of a sweet child is the BEST! He is also very observant and picks things up so quickly! I call him my "Sponge" because anything any of us do, he is quickly able to do as well. He has grown in height in the past month and I really need to get those kiddie locks on the door handles because he is trying desperately to open the doors like we do so that he can go outside! He loves the outdoors and ALL things BOY related! Just this morning he picked up this BIG, icky bug and freaked me out... thank goodness the bug was dead because othewise I might have freaked a little more ;-) He is throwing balls very well and is even learning to catch them already! We plan to get him into baseball and soccer next summer (2.5 years old is the earliest we can get him into anything) so that he can play outside more and acquire those athletic skills that he is already getting so good at...
Well, I think that's it... at least for now!
We love you all and think of you often,
~M~
1 comment:
Yeah! Thanks for the update! I'm so happy that both A and you are secure in your jobs and that God is blessing you.
We need to get out and start walking again! Although, sounds like you'll be busy for the next couple months.
Post a Comment