C- is growing, growing, GROWING! He is such a little man now! He repeats EVERYTHING we say or do and his little mind is always working to learn something new. We have found that he loves the water and LOVES to be outside- which to me is such a blessing as I'm totally not one of those video game people! We hope his love for baseball and all things outdoorsy lives on in him as he grows up!
A- Worked until June 5th and is now into his 3rd week of summer vacation. He is playing as much softball as possible (up to 3 times a week) and is Best Man in 2 weddings this summer- one of which was just this last saturday! He is currently staying at home with C for the summer while I work summer school and he is going to be doing "parent & me" swim classes with another father/son friend combo we have later this summer.
M-I finished school on May 29th after I completed Prom, Disneyland Gradnite, Senior Portraits of our students, Yearbook and graduation!!! It was a SUPER busy May- in fact, it was really too busy as I felt I didn't have time to breath and I'm still finishing paperwork from the school year *Yikes*! I recently bought a new camera, a Nikon D60 and Love it! I love photography and am truly hoping to get really good at it in the future... I am currently the Lead Teacher at our summer school in Turlock- our little school that normally has 4 teachers/120 students currently has 15 teachers/550 students! It was a little bit of a zoo the first two weeks, but has calmed down nicely this 3rd week- "Phew"! I love my summer schedule because I get 4 day weekends and lots of time off with C and A, but still am able to make some funds for our next adoption....WHICH- HERE'S The BIG ANNOUNCEMENT was officially started May 1, 2009 and should be well on it's way in the next few weeks as we just got our big Homestudy packet of paperwork filled out and sent off. Next step is our Homestudy update, which since we already know our Social Worker should be a BREEZE! ;-) We are hoping that all our paperwork will be in Korea by the end of september... but we'll see what God has in store for us as we have learned from our first adoption journey it's not in our time, but in God's alone!
So, the title of this post is "A Wedding and an update"... guess I should tell you a little bit about the wedding, huh? Well, our son's Godfather, our best friend from high school and our best man in our wedding, just got married this past saturday to a beautiful woman named Dolores (who is C's godmother)! The wedding was picturesque as it was in a lovely little church in Carmel Valley and then the reception was at the BEAUTIFUL reception hall on the Post Naval Graduate School campus in Monterey, Ca. This place was grand and gorgeous- there really isn't any other way to put it! We are thrilled that Eric and Dolores have finally tied the knot as we love and adore them and their engagement was SOOO long :-) It was wonderful to see the two of them looking so happy to finally officially be one another's husband/wife! Here are some fun photos from the event...
The Happy Couple after the ceremony releasing butterflys
The Beautiful Club Del Monte!!! Look at the ceiling alone and tell me that's not gorgeous!
My Handsome Husband, adorable kid, and me...

The Happy Couple during their first dance!
The Bride's adorable sisters (whom I adore) Gina and Christina!
Pictures of us all at the reception...
Eric's Brother and his sister in law- I just love this picture :-)
The Happy couple jetting off for their much deserved honeymoon!
Thanks for looking at the pictures- I should be blogging again in the next few days to show pictures of our first time at the beach with C!
Love you all,
~M~
3 comments:
Oy you're busy! Or were busy... And the wedding looked beautiful.
Don't you just love your camera?!? That's the same one that I have, and I've bearly scratched the surface of what it can do.
Love C's hair at the wedding! : ) He's so hip...
Amanda! Congrats on the new camera- you will be hooked from now on!!!
Post a Comment