Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Digital Photo class project

Hi Guys,

So, you will probably get to see a million and one pictures up here the next 7 weeks as I am taking some photo classes online. They are SOOOO fun and I am learning a ton already and this is only day 3 of the first class! :-) Thanks to Candice (a friend thru the Holt BB and a Terrific photographer herself!!!)for turning me on to this wonderful website! Right now I am in a free 2 week class learning new techniques on photoshop and next week I start a 6 week course learning how to use my camera that I just purchased... which is great because i really want to learn more about lighting and apeture and all that fun stuff- it will be nice to use the camera in the way I intended to and get off the "Auto" mode! ;-) SO here is my first project that I am pretty proud of, plus it's a little sneak peak into our 4th of July day pictures... SERIOUSLY, Lovin' this class! :-)

~M~

Original Photo I started with:


Photo cropped and then given a Vintage, Hand-tinted look:


Final Product!

8 comments:

candice said...

Ooh that is cool! He looks so cute too. I have been wanting to do one of those photoshop classes- I stink at it~

Can't wait to watch as you learn more each week in your class! I can already see a huge difference just having your new camera!

Have a blast!

Courtney said...

I'm definitely going to have to check out that site. I've been wanting to take a digital photo class, but there is nothing at MJC and Merced's in the fall is Thursday from 5-10pm.

I love photoshop. I'll point you in the direction of some really good free actions.

And photo lingo... SOOC = straight out of camera/original :)

Danae said...

Ooh! That is too cool! What version of Photoshop do you have? That looks like something I'd like to get into.

M, A, C and K too! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M, A, C and K too! said...

Thanks Candice- you could totally get into photoshop with your eye for pics alone- I can not even imagine what you could do!

Courtney- Check out ikeagoddess.blogspot.com- she posts a list of freebies for scrapbooking every day! Love her site!

Danae- I have Photoshop Elements 7.0- Costco has it fairly cheap! I love it and I have created a ton of stuff with it! I'm looking to get Photoshop Lightroom soon too (Thanks to Candice! :-) ) however I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that yet...

Melissa Ens said...

Wow! Very cool. I just have to wonder - how long does that take? I know you're still learning, so it will get faster... but I can't imagine how much time I could end up spending once I got started!

M, A, C and K too! said...

Melissa,

Honestly it doesn't take long once you get used to where things are- but yes, I am a bit of a perfectionist and I also like to tweak, so I do spend some time on this- plus it's my guilty pleasure/hobby now! However, the teachers videos are like 6 minutes long for each days lessons- Pretty cool and simple!

Courtney said...

A lot of pros use Lightroom. Thanks to my bro I've got CS4. But I started with Elements from Costco too. Gotta start somewhere. The new Elements can run actions correct?