Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's been MUCH too long!

HI all!

Oh how I've missed blogging and telling you about our crazy little life as a family of 4! I am just so busy with 2 kids though that time is precious and I just haven't had the chance to get on here and write like I'd like to. So, I'm taking the chance I have right now while Calen is still sleeping and KatieJoy is down for her 1st nap of the day (yes it's only 8:20 in the morning- she was up at 4 am this morning).

So, I have so much to blog about that I just don't know where to start- there's updates on our kiddos & us, our trips so far this summer and MILLIONS of pictures to show you! I think I'll just give you a run down of what we've all been up to and then share some photos that I took of the kids a few weeks ago.

Calen- Best big brother ever! We had a few weeks where Calen reverted into himself where he wasn't talking as much as he used to and he was playing A LOT by himself (If you've ever actually met Calen, then you know this was weird for him). I was a little worried but he came out of it and is back to his old self- talking constantly and giggling lots. He is doing a great job as a big brother and while we have the pushing and the occassional hitting from him to her (or vice versa!) he is loving on KatieJoy lots too :) Our boy loves to play outside and is thrilled that his daddy is playing so much softball where he can run around with our friends kids in the evenings.

KatieJoy- is such a little pistol! She is so stubborn and will keep up until she gets what she wants. On the flip side, she is very shy around new people and really only wants Allen and I to love on her or hold her (please be praying for this- we are both very nervous about what's going to happen when we go back to work in August). She still easily cries if someone gets too close that she doesn't want near her. However, with us she is so funny. She loves to laugh and is very much enjoying her independence now that she is walking all around. Crawling is a thing of the past! She is almost running- she is just a little uncoordinated so it's taking her a bit to figure out the motions of running. :) She is a fish! She LOVES the water. It puts her in a good mood if she gets to swim around- for this week and next week we put the kids in the parent/me swim class and she is adoring the big pool every day. I think eventually she might be a swimmer because she is very natural about it and already loves to go under the water and just today (yes it's now long past 8:20 in the am- it take me forever to type my thoughts out!) she started to kick and "claw" at the water to actually try to swim! Crazy girl- she's so natural at it though it just amazes me!

Allen- is enjoying his summer at home and is playing softball up to 3 times a week! Thank goodness that's only a summer thing because I'd go crazy if it were every week! He is doing great with the kids and has enjoyed our vacation to Disneyland and several 0ther little outtings this summer. He is hoping beyond all hope to get to do some massive golfing before the end of the summer and we're hoping to hit up at least one of our resorts for that.

Me-I worked part time this summer setting up summer school and then next week I have to go back in to finish summer school up. Only about 3 weeks of my life this summer and I'm glad that I chose to do it that way because I really feel like I'm getting to spend a lot of quality time with my children & hubby. :) I know that there are many years to teach summer school left in my career but that my kids are only little once- my dad reminds me of this all the time and I know he is wise about this matter... I'm glad I'm getting to make memories with them while they are so tiny!

Okay- so now on to the pictures. I took these pictures a few weeks ago so that I could finally get KatieJoy's birthday cards done (yeah those haven't gotten finished yet- that's next on my list for today) I also needed to get pictures done of Calen in his awesome jeans that his Foster Sister, Seol yeong, made for him while they fit. They looked so good on him and I love how his pictures turned out! I also got a few photos of the kids in their hanboks and I took pictures of KatieJoy in her cute little tutu because all baby girls need tutu pictures as far as I can see! ;-) I hope you ENJOY the pics and I so hope that I can actually be back to blogging at least every week if not every few days... we'll see what happens though I suppose! ;)


Cheesy smile! :)
One of my favorite pics!

Huh?
Calen being his silly little self :)
Aren't these jeans awesome?
Being silly together

Our little ballerina :) She LOVES being in a tutu- isn't that funny?!?
Happy baby


One of my favorite photos :)
Full Hanbok- the headress was too big so it came off after 3 pics!
My FAVORITE photo of her in her hanbok!

Calen in his hanbok which almost no longer fits Love this photo of the two of them- It almost looks like Calen is making a martial arts pose- but he was just being silly (getting pics of him smiling & looking at the camera is HARD!)

Love you all,

~Mandy~

4 comments:

The Millman Crew said...

Adorable Mandy! Great update!!!! :)

Jill said...

I loved the update, Amanda! So happy to hear things are going so well! The kids are absolutely adorable ahd the photos are beautiful!

Kim said...

Fabulous update, fabulous pictures and so pleased to read all about it! Your description of KatieJoy sounds very familiar to when Zoey was newly home...I'll be praying for an easy transition when you get back to work! Wish we lived closer, she could come hang with Zoey and I!!

Connie said...

Back atcha! Oh, these days are so fun and CRAZY! Just when you think you can't take it any longer, you realize how lucky you are. Your family is beautiful and you are a wonderful photographer!