Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Procrastination...

HI everyone...

It has been so long since I last posted! What? A month for me seems SO long! I don't have any real excuses or anything- other than going back to work, transitions to a babysitter and starting to actually take others photos as a side thing- yup, no real excuses! :)

Honestly though, my real excuse is that I'm a procrastinator. Do any of you ever get so far behind on something that you know you need to do but because you're SO far behind on it you keep procrastinating because either you feel guilty for not doing it sooner or because you just hope it might go away? Yeah... the guilty feeling is how I'm feeling about not blogging! I have SO many blog posts that I just haven't yet gotten to and I don't want to miss out on them and not do them, but at the same time I have so many new things that I want to tell you about. Things like: KatieJoy's church dedication (MAY!), our trip to Disneyland (JUNE!), KatieJoy's 1st birthday party (JULY!), and so many other summer activities that I just haven't gotten to... Plus newer things that have happened in the past month or so. I don't want to skip things though because at the end of this year I plan to make the past 2.5 years of this blog into a book to keep for my kiddos! So skipping stuff would be sad- especially since these have been the first 4 months of family activities with KatieJoy in our lives... So I have a plan- I'm going to start blogging about all the current life activities to keep them up-to-date and concurrently I'm going to start with my May blog posts that I never did until i get through the summer activities (when I blog about this stuff I'm going to give it summer dates so that it stays in order for the book- then when I'm ALL caught up (hopefully before Thanksgiving!) I will write a small new post with all the links to those posts so you can see all our fun family pictures!!!).


So- there you go, I'm back now- Or at least I hope I am because I really miss blogging about our life. It makes me happy to know that I'm writing some of our family memories down as I know once the kids are older I'm really gonna want to remember all this small stuff!

For good measure I decided to put in a few recent pictures of the kiddos :)
(these are NOT the best quality pics- but i've learned that sometimes conditions can't be "perfect" for pictures if I want lots of memories!)


Calen is actually smiling AND looking at the camera- this is a BIG thing right now! :)

What mom?!? I had to take this picture as she is wearing her first BLOOM and her cute jean skirt!

(an adoption friend makes the Blooms by hand! they are BEAUTIFUL!!! Click on the word BLOOM and it should take you to her store!)


The kids playing outside just a few weekends ago- they LOVE the pool and sandbox!






Love,
~Mandy

One last question... just for my own knowledge...Does anyone even read about our life anymore? Or do I just talk to myself out in cyberspace? Doesn't much matter either way, I'm just curious! :)

4 comments:

Danae said...

I read! Looking forward to some more updates. I am behind on my blogging, too.

Courtney said...

I read! :)

candice said...

I do of course! Love you friend! :)

The Millman Crew said...

I read too! Don't worry, I AM BEHIND TOO!! I think I talk to myself also so don't worry!