...the ER happened this past weekend! Everything is fine, but we just had to be safe!
So, here's the backstory of what happened. I had a bridal shower on saturday (for C's Godmother) that I found out was going to be sorta dressy- well I don't own many dresses and thought "well, better go look for something." This was all friday night, by the way... SO, we got in the car, drove to Dressbarn and started looking around. C was hyper and to try to "corral" him, daddy put him on his shoulders. *Sigh* Well, when C is on A's shoulders, C does this thing where he likes to grab onto A's head and lean back. I have always hated this, as I just knew it was going to lead to disaster at some point... Well, friday night was the point of disaster! C leaned back while "grabbing" daddy's head- but instead he grabbed daddy's hat, pulled the hat off with his weight and went tumbling off A's 6'1" frame!!! C fell HEAD first onto the Dressbarn's hardwood walkway and scrapped his forhead on the clothing racks on his way down!!! It was the WORST thing to observe, as I saw it all happening once he was 1/2 way to the ground and it seemed like it took forever for C to hit the floor, but I couldn't get there in time. Biggest SMACK you have ever heard and everyone, and I do mean EVERY ONE, in the store came running to see what happened. Poor C- he is just screaming in my arms, shaking and is as pale as can be- we're talking NO COLOR in his cheeks oR LIPS even. So, needless to say, I knew we needed to go to the ER as a 17 month old shouldn't hit his head like that- not to mention look what happened to Natasha Richardson last week!?!
We rushed to the ER, got to the ER and I wanted to die because I have NEVER seen an ER that full of people and I truly thought we'd be there for hours... BUT praise God we weren't! We were actually in and out in less than a 1/2 hour because C is a baby and it was a possible head injury. All this time C still didn't have color, was shaky/shaking, and was whimpering. This mama, was going a little crazy inside but I did good and I didn't show it! However, once we got into the triage room with the doctor and 2 nurses, C started showing off and dancing and climbing, etc! The doctor, who was so nice by the way, just laughed and told us she thought C was just fine... PHEW!!!!! He did have a humongous egg sized lump on his head- but that was it! So, we got to fill out some paperwork and go home...
Moral of the story- don't let your 17 month old baby have fun on your hubby's shoulders! ;-) Poor A- he was so upset and felt so badly, but like I reminded him- this won't be the last time our dare-devil child visits the ER... :-)
~M~
OH and I got a "get out of jail free card" with wearing a dress the next day...hehe!
1 comment:
Eek! Glad everything worked out. Poor little guy. Guess you probably knew he was ok when he started dancing and showing off...
Post a Comment