Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Shower for KatieJoy

A little over a month ago my sister and my mom threw me a baby shower for KatieJoy! She had it at Mundo's restaurant which was wonderful because it meant no clean up or stress about food... YAY for that! We had around 25 people come, guys and gals. We had great conversation, amazing food, and all of our friends & family literally showered us with amazing gifts for our sweet girl once she gets home. Thank you so much to everyone who came and thank you so much to those of you who weren't able to come but were there in spirit! All of you mean so much to Allen and I and our family- you have all impacted our lives for the better and I know I say this all the time... but we really are incredibly blessed by God to have you as our friends and family!

I just thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures with you in digi scrap form :)

This is a page of a few of the cute kids at the shower (Calen, Connor, and Corbin) and it has some pictures of the setup and amazing gifts we received!
By the way, that sock monkey is homemade- pretty cute right?!?

This is a scrap page of many of the friends and family that were at the party! No pictures of me with my sister or mom or mother in law as all of those pictures didn't turn out at all because some one was always squinting in the picture :( Bummer huh? It's okay though as I have pictures of them there with others ;-)


Thank you everyone... we really thought we'd have KatieJoy home by now to introduce you all to her but God clearly has some different plans from that and we are learning to be okay with that. The wait is hard and we just keep praying for some good news soon, but for now we are content in waiting upon our amazing God and Savior. If you think of us or KatieJoy please send up a prayer for us!

we love you,
~Mandy~

PS- Jennifer & Mom, thanks for our amazing shower! It was wonderful and I know KatieJoy will love to hear about it when she gets older...

1 comment:

Courtney said...

It was such a lovely shower too. So glad I could celebrate the upcoming arrival of little KatieJoy.

Hurry home Katie Joy!!!