Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Beach weekend Valentine's 2010

I am finally getting to post pictures from our Valentine's weekend trip to the beach! We went just to get away and it was so fun and such a beautiful weekend... so needed! When we got to the coast we met up with my parents for a few hours as they were on their way back home... that day the waves were HUGE- almost as big as the North Shore of Hawaii in December! My mom was on a mission to find a tiny beach that she had heard about and when we found it we just sat and watched the waves for a bit- the beach was almost private and I'm looking forward to going there again soon (if I can find it again that is...) Calen actually enjoyed the beach this time and we finally have our very own little beach bum! Made me so happy as we can actually go to the beach this summer and enjoy it!

3 most important men in my life!
(Allen, Calen and my daddy!)



watching the waves together...



Calen acting silly with nana & papa!



Look mom! I like the sand now!



Really?!? More pictures???




Hanging out together... Beautiful Pacific Ocean Waves
Silly face!



After we left the beach, we went as a family of 3 to a Korean resturant in Marina. It was our first time experiencing "real" Korean food (not homemade by me) and it was incredibly good (& EXPENSIVE!). Allen had something called Bibimbop and I had Galbi (which is just bbq beef). Neither Allen or I liked any of the side dishes but that's okay because we now know exactly what to touch and not touch when eating Korean food in Korea! After our lunch we just shopped for a bit and headed back to our hotel to rest and enjoy the cool weather. (did I mention that our hotel cost us under $100 for both nights??? It was awesome because the Red Roof was having a deal for teachers in february and we totally took advantage of that!)


The next day was Valentine's day and we headed into downtown Santa Cruz for some breakfast and some shirt shopping at the surf shops for Calen. We went to the BoardWalk after that because I had some left over tickets from when Calen and I had gone with my family in August. Calen did much better at the BoardWalk this time and wanted to ride the Pepsi trucks several times! He kept giving us the 'thumbs up' signal that he was having fun- I think he liked doing the thumbs up sign and watching his double jointed thumbs stick out too! It's a theme in the next set of pics...


Thumbs up riding with Daddy



Just drivin'...


Family picture thanks to a Pitman High family also hanging on the beach



More thumbs up (see him staring at his thumbs???) LOL


Thumbs up in the mouth?


This pic reminds me of Michelle Tanner "You got it Dude!"


Looking back at mommy!



The last thing we did was hit the beach to try and watch the sun set- we got to see the "light set" because the fog had already come in. It was still gorgeous though! The beach calms my soul... I feel very close to Christ's presence when I'm near the ocean... The weekend was so good and really helped to just help me refocus on my family!


Just the 2 of us goofing around!



Hope you all enjoyed the massive amount of photos on here from our weekend at the beach! :)

Love you all,
~Mandy~

2 comments:

Danae said...

Cute pics! I love the thumbs up :)

Anonymous said...

Those were great! Looks like you obviously had a great time!! :)