Monday, April 12, 2010

Need your prayers

Hi everyone,

I had so hoped to not have to make another one of these desperate pleas for your prayers, but I am at my wits end waiting for KatieJoy right now. All I can focus on when Calen doesn't immediately need me is how the days are quickly floating by... the calendar is my Nemesis right now...all I see are numbers in my head. How many days/weeks/months we've been waiting, how many months she has been living with her foster family, how many more days we will have to wait until we are on a plane on our way to meet her and see her sweet face, face to face! She will be 1 year old in 24 days- 24 short days. :( My heart's biggest desire has been to get her home on USA soil before she turned 1 and as the days continue to slip and swirl around me I am getting more and more desperate to hear news that she is ready to travel. What makes it worse is that ALL my waiting buddies are getting their travel calls- or are very close to getting their travel calls. Please know that I REJOICE for them when I hear this news but it makes me sad for us at the same time...I had hoped to "know" someone while we traveled- someone else who would speak English, someone else who understood fully what it meant to us to be in Korea, someone else that had a heart for Korea and our beautiful children... I know we are so close to getting to travel, I KNOW God's timing is perfect- I get all that- but waiting over 5 months to meet my daughter who is almost a year old, hurts regardless of knowing all those things.

I sound so desperate because I am. I am desperate to hold my daughter, to comfort my daughter, to tell her that we are her FOREVER FAMILY and tell her that we love her, and I am more than desperate to have my children meet one another...to not just hear my sweet 2.5 year old son talk about his baby sister who is "into Korea"...

Prayers... prayers please...

Love you all,
Mandy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please know you are completley in our prayers Amanda. Your prize will soon be your precious baby girl....your arms will be more than ready to hold her.

Praying His perfect peace over you right now~
Big, tight hug from me:-)

Courtney said...

Hang in there Mandy! God's time, God's in control, etc etc. I could tell you that repeatedly until the minute you get the call and it won't help any. But it's true, God is in control and His timing is perfect. I have to repeat this to myself, I've been waiting, what, almost 30 YEARS for Mr. Right... He's got you in His hands, just as He has me. The end is near, you see the light at the end of the tunnel, now you just (not so) patiently wait...